Spring has sprung and demand is back for study abroad and international exchange programs!
We are currently supporting more than 1,800 young adults on exchange programs in the United States and around the world and we are seeing incredible demand for international education experiences across all our programs for summer and fall ‘21:
- Teach Abroad and TEFL programs have more than 500 young Americans teaching English in Spain, South Korea, and Thailand, with 51 participants arriving in South Korea in the past month.
- High school study abroad programs have more than 2,000 high school students confirmed to attend one of our dozen international language and academic programs in summer '21.
- College study abroad summer ’21 demand is exploding with more than 1,000 students already completing their applications.
- Foreign students from more than 100 countries are ready to come to America in summer ’21 to help support American businesses, reopen summer camps, and to attend American high schools in fall ‘21.
To celebrate the return of study abroad in 2021, CIEE has launched new scholarships, new programs, and extended application deadlines to help advisors and students find the right experience for them. These initiatives include:
- A full semester abroad for $8,100 (and just $5,400 for quarter schools) as part of the Global Cities Scholarship program (limited to first 100 students!)
- Extended application deadlines for many summer 2021 and fall 2021 programs to May 1, with some programs accepting applications as late as June 1.
- Announcing the Academic Consortium Board’s approval of five new study programs, including internships in Dublin and Kyoto!
It’s been a very long and difficult year, but the vaccines are rolling out and new COVID-19 cases nationally and internationally continue to decline overall. Having supported more than 3,800 students during the past year with minimal health issues, we are confident that summer and fall ’21 will be exciting times for students to embrace their dreams for an international experience.