Making dreams come true

Gilbert R.

My name is Gil Roy. My Wife and I started to host our first exchange student in 2009. Our first student came from Moldova in September 2009. Seven months later my wife passed away and I had to move the student to another home. I was too upset. 

In 2010, I decided to host a student as a widower. It was the best decision I ever made. The student was from Russia. In 2012 I was invited to Russia with all expenses paid by my student's father. This years makes 21 students that I have hosted. It's great learning different cultures.  

Photo for blog post Making dreams come true

Both of my students this year arrived in August. After a few days of rest I took my students to Six Flags Amusement Park in Agawam, Massachusetts. We have also been hiking in Maine and gone to the lake often. I'll be taking the students to Cadillac Mountain this weekend and possibly Whale Watching.

We will be spending Thanksgiving in Vermont at my niece's home. We will be spending Christmas vacation in Florida. They want to visit Universal Studios, NASA, Daytona and Miami Beaches and also Key West. We will stop in Washington DC on the way back from Florida. They are very excited about this trip. My students get along very well, just like two brothers.