Promoting Your Study Abroad Program
10 Ways to Boost Enrollment on Campus
Over the years, we've developed effective ways to spread the word and attract students to your study abroad program. We'll supply you with customized advertising materials to get you started in the recruitment process - plus, here are some additional tips for getting the word out on campus:
- Ask your CIEE program manager for access to our free, easy-to-download Recruitment Guide.
- Advertise on your institution’s study abroad website.
- Create an information table at your institution’s study abroad fair.
- Announce your program during classes.
- Network with faculty members that might have subject matter crossover.
- Schedule information sessions – and include our resident staff members for Q & A via Skype.
- Run an article in the campus paper and on school-affiliated social networking sites, including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram.
- Post information on student organization listservs – especially those focused on international causes.
- Enlist the help of a study abroad alumni to share their experience during informational sessions.
- Make sure your promotional materials highlight financial resources available to help students study abroad, including scholarships and grants.