Building Your Study Abroad Program
Creating Your Study Abroad Vision, Step-By-Step
Our custom programs take the hassle out of getting faculty and students where they want to go, and ensure the best possible experience. When you partner with CIEE, we take care of preparations and handle logistics so faculty can focus on students and teaching. We also provide a wide array of marketing support to help you recruit students to your program. Here’s what you should expect to do during the planning process:
TELL US WHERE YOU WANT TO GO & WHEN
- Take the first step to share your program vision with us. A member of our team will follow up to learn more and setup a phone consultation.
DEVELOP YOUR PROGRAM
- Fill out what you can of our Program Development Questionnaire and a CIEE Manager will help you fill in any of the blanks.
- CIEE Manager works with faculty leader and CIEE Resident Staff to develop a program proposal based on your unique needs
- CIEE sends proposal, works closely with faculty leader on revisions as needed
- Institution accepts final proposal
TAKE ACTION ON CAMPUS
- Institution signs a program Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- CIEE supplies a recruitment kit with personalized advertising materials for faculty leader to use for recruitment and outreach
- Institution collects participant information and contracts
FINALIZE DETAILS AND ITINERARY
- Schedule and attend an online pre-departure orientation conducted by CIEE resident staff, to review expectations, begin briefing students on safety and health protocols, and allow them to ask questions about packing and more.
- Conduct a final walkthrough of your program itinerary with CIEE Manager and resident staff
GET READY FOR AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE!
- On site: CIEE provides orientation, emergency support, guest lectures, site visits, excursions or respective services as outlined in MoU. Expect to have on-site advisors who are well-trained in safety and security protocols.
EVALUATE YOUR PROGRAM
- Share valuable feedback with CIEE and start developing your program for next year
Contact CIEE, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-214-9559 for more information
Download the Program Timeline Guide
Learn about our time-tested process for creating successful faculty-led programs abroad.Get the Guide