Study Abroad Is Back!

We at CIEE have had a busy weekend and we could not be more delighted! This weekend 432 high school students from around the United States boarded planes and headed to Spain, Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Morocco, Mexico, and Costa Rica to study language, science, business, and more.

As the first session of Global Navigator High School Summer Abroad gets underway, we have welcomed nearly 200 high school students to Spain for language and culture programs at our Centers in Barcelona, Madrid, and Seville. Among other locations and programs, students have arrived to study the arts in Rome, Italy; global entrepreneurship in Dublin, Ireland; and climate change mitigation in Monteverde, Costa Rica.

In addition to two summer sessions of high school students, CIEE will also be supporting around 300 college students in study abroad programs this summer. And we anticipate nearly 700 college students to study abroad with us this fall.

At last, study abroad is back in earnest!

We’re so happy to be back doing what we do best — helping students have transformative international experiences during which they learn about the world and about themselves. We are overjoyed to again be able to offer academically rigorous and culturally rich programs in multiple locations. And we are deeply grateful that we are able to reemerge, ready to once again bring the world together to help the next generation of leaders learn the skills they need to thrive in our interconnected and multicultural world.