CIEE Study Abroad Updates - June

Summer is upon us. Aside from the many opportunities to enjoy the outdoors here in New England, I love to see the photos and read the stories of the many students experiencing life in a new country during their CIEE summer study abroad and internship programs. The photo above features a few students who attended a CIEE program in Russia this summer on scholarships presented in honor of our 50th anniversary of delivering programs in Russia. We awarded 20 full scholarships to students from two of our Project Passport partner schools, Morgan State University and California State University, Fullerton, in recognition of the schools’ commitment to internationalizing their campuses and expanding opportunities for global education.

During our breakfast at NAFSA in Philadelphia last month, I had the pleasure of honoring several of our Academic Consortium member institutions for their contributions to expanding international education.

The CIEE Collaboration Award was presented to Arizona State University for its advice and collaboration as we expanded the business courses at CIEE’s network of Global Institutes to enable students from AACSB accredited business schools to study abroad while staying on track for their degree programs.

The CIEE Innovation Award was presented to Northeastern University for its nationally recognized first-year program, NUin, which enables first year students to study in nine locations, embracing an international and intercultural learning experience while at the same time advancing the NU culture and curriculum for first year students through an innovative cohort model.  

The CIEE Commitment to Access Award was presented to Morgan State University for its outstanding efforts to break down the barriers of cost, curriculum, and culture in material ways to enable more students from all socio-economic and academic backgrounds to study abroad.