CIEE to Open Study Abroad Centers in Tallinn and Taipei

CIEE was founded in the wake of WWII to advance peace in our world by rebuilding trust between nations through people-to-people exchange programs. For 75 years, CIEE has responded in times of conflict with efforts to foster mutual understanding through high quality study abroad and exchange programs.

To celebrate our 75th anniversary of building bridges between cultures, CIEE will this year open Study Centers in Tallinn, Estonia, and Taipei that will provide American college and high school students opportunities to expand their intercultural awareness; develop language fluency in Baltic languages, Russian, and Mandarin; and embrace a multitude of academic and cultural learning options that are unique to Estonia and Taiwan.

CIEE Center in Tallinn, Estonia

We are looking forward to welcoming students to Tallinn, Estonia, starting Spring 2024!

Tallinn is the capital city of Estonia, one of the Baltic countries and a European Union and euro-zone member, located on the border of Russia and only a short ferry-ride away from Finland. Estonia is home to 18 exceptional universities, ten of which teach programs in English. CIEE has established ties with the Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech), a highly ranked institution known worldwide for their Science & Technology faculty. 

CIEE’s ten-year partnership with the Baltic-American Freedom Foundation (BAFF) means our students will be connected with hundreds of outstanding host families and internship employers who are part of the BAFF alumni and professional network in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.

Estonia is a highly developed and thriving democracy, boasting a strong NATO partnership. Estonia is almost 100% digital and students will have ample opportunities to study emerging academic topics including cyber and energy security, environmental science, entrepreneurship, as well Baltic languages and culture, Russian language, and international public diplomacy. CIEE Tallinn will offer summer and semester programs for college students focused on Russian Language & Baltic Area Studies, Business & Technology, Entrepreneurship, and other topics. Students at CIEE Tallinn can experience Estonia’s unique culture and customs while participating in a Global Internship experience. Estonia’s vibrant start-up ecosystem offers many internship opportunities in the fields of cybersecurity, digitalization, and more.

CIEE Tallinn will open for college students in Spring 2024. CIEE’s Global Navigator High School Summer Study Abroad programs in language, culture, environmental science, business and technology will open in Summer 2024.

CIEE Taipei

In 2018, CIEE celebrated the 25th anniversary of CIEE Taipei. We suspended operations in Taiwan during the pandemic but are delighted to be reopening CIEE Taipei and welcoming students starting in Summer 2023!

Taiwan’s capital city Taipei is a bustling metropolis with world-class museums, Buddhist and Taoist temples, traditional markets, easily accessible walking trails, and surf spots. Mandarin Chinese is the language spoken in Taiwan. 

Students at CIEE Taipei can deepen their Chinese language skills and immerse themselves in the Taiwanese culture. Co- and extra-curricular opportunities include doing volunteer work or visiting the National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall or Sisi South Village - Heritage Village. For college study abroad students we will be offering the Accelerated Chinese Language program in summer 2023 and fall 2023, as well as Business, Language, and Culture in fall 2023.