CIEE Monitoring Heightened Middle East Tensions

Communications

CIEE is actively monitoring the heightened tensions in the Middle East as a result of the U.S. military action in Iraq. Our Health, Safety, and Security team is in regular contact with the U.S. State Department as well as local staff and security organizations in each of our locations, and is drawing on information provided by our international security consultants.

We are not aware of any current and credible intelligence that indicates CIEE students or staff are at any significant increased risk in our Middle East locations – Israel, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates – or any other CIEE locations.

CIEE has a robust active emergency and communication plan that includes evacuation assistance and security intelligence services that provide us with frequent updates. The CIEE Health, Safety, and Security team is working closely with the Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC), a division of the Bureau of Diplomatic Security in the U.S. Department of State, to properly assess any emerging threats to our students and staff. We will continue to keep you informed of developments. 

To obtain the latest information, we recommend that you:

• Visit our website, https://www.ciee.org/alerts. It is regularly updated with security alerts to help communicate any health and safety updates regarding our students on programs.
  • Sign up for our Health, Safety, and Security updates RSS feed. This web-based news feed will allow you to receive alerts from CIEE about significant events via email, an alert notification on a web browser, and/or a push-notification on your cell phone or other mobile device. Instructions for how to configure your device(s) are located on the alerts page of the CIEE website.

The safety and security of CIEE students, faculty, and staff is our first priority. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and remain in contact with our participants to ensure their ongoing safety.  

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-40-STUDY.