From Lake Powell to Portland, Maine: Work & Travel USA alum Max Strelnikov

CIEE alum Max Strelnikov celebrated his 20th birthday last June on Lake Powell during his Work & Travel USA program in Arizona. This summer, Max will be marking his 21st birthday while on his second Work & Travel USA program at the CIEE global headquarters in Portland, Maine. 

8

Max is originally from Moscow, where he is studying tourism. During his Work & Travel USA program, Max was a boat instructor on Lake Powell, the 2nd biggest man-made lake in the United States. The lake is located between Utah and Arizona; although Max worked in Utah, he lived just across the border in Arizona. As a boat instructor, Max guided tourists on everything from kayaks and jet skis to houseboats.

2

Max says that his interests include photography, languages, cycling, and travel. ‘Travel’ seems to be less of a hobby and more of a lifestyle; he visited 10 states during his Work & Travel USA program last summer, including Nevada, California, Illinois, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, and Florida. He plans to visit 11 more states at the end of this summer, this time focusing on exploring the Southern United States –including stops in the cities of Moscow, Idaho and St. Petersburg, Florida. 

Max was interested in the CIEE Work & Travel USA program because of the opportunity to experience a different culture, to practice his English language skills, and to gain experience with an international team. As a Participant Services Seasonal Coordinator at CIEE this summer, Max will work to create a memorable experience for over 18,000 Work & Travel USA participants living and working in the United States. After this summer, he plans to return to Moscow to complete his tourism degree, and then pursue a master’s program or internship in the United States or in a Spanish-speaking country. 

--

Learn more about the CIEE Work & Travel USA program by visiting the CIEE website