Spelman College Students Prepare to Spend Two Weeks Abroad this May

Communications

In May, just over 100 Spelman College students will pack their passports and travel to Peru, Ghana, the Dominican Republic, or Portugal, for two weeks of intercultural learning with a custom program that includes Spelman faculty and CIEE staff members. CIEE is proud of our special partnership with Atlanta-based Spelman, and the opportunity it provides to these students to build the skills they’ll need in today’s global community.

In each location, students will immerse themselves into their host countries’ cultures through co-curricular activities with faculty and locals. A custom intercultural engagement curriculum taught by CIEE staff will also build intercultural competencies and leadership skills. Read more.

Visit the CIEE Study Abroad Facebook page to view photos and stories from our students’ journeys over the next few weeks.
Did you know that CIEE’s commitment to providing students of every background with opportunities for international education is so strong, that we award students more than $3 million every year in grants and special funding? Learn more.