CIEE Welcomes Dr. Peter Morales as Chief Information Officer

CIEE has hired Peter Morales, Ph.D., as chief information officer. Peter, who joined the company on Oct. 31, oversees CIEE’s information technology organization. He is responsible for aligning IT strategies to achieve business goals and maximize the value of technology investments.

Peter brings to CIEE an extensive professional and academic background of leading technology initiatives at esteemed organizations including New York University (NYU) and the New York and American Stock Exchanges, and has authored numerous technology-related works. In 2010, he was named a Top 100 U.S. Latino Information Technologist by the Hispanic Information Technology Executive Council.

Since 2007, Peter has served in a variety of positions at NYU including chief information officer/chief technology officer for NYU’s Tandon School of Engineering, chief technology officer and director of the Project Management Office for the NYU School of Law, and program director for NYU Global Technologies. Key projects he led include a partnership with NASA’s Langley Research Center to develop a social platform for the coordination of lectures and projects; a strategic university initiative to build and roll out a next-generation, cloud-based teaching and learning platform; and the development of a custom digital asset management appliance using open-source technologies.

Prior to NYU, Peter held positions with New York-based stock exchanges including development director for the NYSE Group’s Securities Industry Automation Corporation Division and director of the American Stock Exchange Service’s Enterprise Software Engineering Center of Excellence. Prior to that, he worked at various New York companies as a software developer and architect.

Peter earned a doctorate in computer science from Pace University’s School of Computer Science and Information Systems, a master’s degree in technology management from the NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering, and a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the Rochester Institute of Technology.