Application and Other Downloads

For your convenience, CIEE has compiled the forms needed to apply for our programs as well as other useful materials. All application materials should be completed in English and submitted to CIEE.

Participant Applications
Contact us for a copy of the following participant applications:

  • Research Scholar USA
  • Professor USA
  • Short-Term Scholar USA
  • Specialist USA

Host Organization Application
Contact us for a copy of the application that the host organization must complete.

J-2 Dependent Application
This form is for family members who accompany participants to the U.S. using the J-2 visa. It can be submitted either with your program application or at a later date. For more information, please read our page on J-2 visas for dependents.

Application for Program Extension
If you are already a participant and want to extend your program, please contact us for an application form. For more information, please read our page on extending, changing, or ending your program early.

U.S. Department of State Exchange Visitor Program Welcome Brochure
This brochure will help you understand the purpose of the Exchange Visitor Program (also known as the J-1 Program, which includes visa types applicable to CIEE Professional Exchange Programs: Research Scholar, Professor, Short-Term Scholar, Specialist, Intern, and Trainee) and will introduce some of the Exchange Visitor Program regulations that are most relevant to you.

Wilberforce Pamphlet: Rights and Protections for Temporary Workers
This pamphlet details your rights and protections as a temporary worker in the U.S.