Sponsoring your J1 Specialist Visa
CIEE Specialist USA is for international experts in a field of specialized knowledge or skill, such as media, tech, energy, business, or medicine who wish to visit the U.S. to observe, consult, or demonstrate their skills in an academic setting, at a workshop, conference, or seminar, or at a workplace. If that sounds like you – and you have a pre-arranged opportunity, but not a visa sponsor – then we can help.
With CIEE, your dream of collaborating on a global scale is within reach. We provide:
Visa sponsorship – valid up to 6 months
Program orientation and monitoring
24/7 multilingual support
EXAMPLES OF ELIGIBLE PROJECTS
- A specialist from Russia spends two months as a curator at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C.; here he interprets works of art and selects works for display.
- A specialist from Finland, who has a degree in mechanical engineering, comes to California to demonstrate her expert skills in 3D modeling at Tesla.
- A specialist from France spends 6 weeks as the artist-in-residence at an art gallery creating works for display at the gallery.
HOW IT WORKS
Our goal is to make the application and immigration process easy. That way you can spend your time focusing on what really matters: international collaboration.
As a CIEE Specialist USA participant, you will:
- Fill out an application and gather supporting documents
- Submit your application
- Schedule your visa interview with your nearest American embassy
- Book your airfare
- Travel to the U.S., visit your host organization, and get started!
Have You Been Invited to theUnited States?
Keep in mind that CIEE is not a placement service. In other words, we do not find host organizations on behalf of our participants. CIEE acts solely as the visa sponsor for participants who have pre-arranged opportunities in the U.S. Learn more about finding a placement.Get Started