Professor giving lecture to class

Professor USA

Sponsoring Your J-1 Professor Visa

Click to scroll down and read more

CIEE Professor USA is for professors from around the world who wish to research, teach, lecture, observe, or consult in a university, research facility, library, or similar type of institution in the U.S. If that sounds like you – and you have a pre-arranged opportunity, but not a visa sponsor – then we can help.

With CIEE, Your Dream of Collaborating on a Global Scale Is Within Reach. We Provide:

Visa Sponsorship – Valid up to 5 Years!

Program Orientation and Monitoring

24/7 Multilingual Support

Examples of Eligible Projects

A language instructor from Germany teaches the German language on a non-tenure track appointment at a university in Washington.

How It Works

Our goal is to make the application and immigration process easy. That way you can spend your time focusing on what really matters: international collaboration.

As a CIEE Professor USA participant, you will:

  • Fill out an application and gather supporting documents
  • Submit your application
  • Schedule your visa interview with your nearest American embassy
  • Book your airfare
  • Travel to the U.S., visit your host organization, and get started!


Have You Been Invited to the

United States?

Keep in mind that CIEE is not a placement service. In other words, we do not find host organizations on behalf of our participants. CIEE acts solely as the visa sponsor for participants who have pre-arranged opportunities in the U.S. Learn more about finding a placement.

BridgeUSA Logo

Connecting Global Leaders, Creating Lasting Impact

Led by the U.S. Department of State in partnership with organizations like CIEE, BridgeUSA brings together the next generation of current and emerging young leaders through unmatched cultural and professional exchange programs.   
Learn more about BridgeUSA