Research Scholar USA
Sponsoring Your J-1 Research Scholar Visa
CIEE Research Scholar USA is for researchers from around the world who wish to research, teach, lecture, observe, or consult in a university, research facility, library, or similar type of institution in the U.S. If that sounds like you – and you have a pre-arranged opportunity, but not a visa sponsor – then we can help.
With CIEE, your dream of collaborating on a global scale is within reach. We provide:
Visa sponsorship – valid up to 5 years!
Program orientation and monitoring
24/7 multilingual support
EXAMPLES OF ELIGIBLE PROJECTS
- A biological oceanography expert from Germany researches bioinformatics, metagenomics, and next-generation sequencing at a leading aquarium research institute.
- An expert on cancer epigenetics from India conducts groundbreaking research at a large pharmaceutical company in Pennsylvania.
- A French national with a degree in philosophy conducts research in a cross-disciplinary study of globalization theories at a leading university in New England.
- An electrical engineering expert from Finland develops an open artificial intelligence ecosystem model at a large technology company in California.
- An expert in head and neck oncology from Uganda conducts research at a hospital in Boston.
HOW IT WORKS
Our goal is to make the application and immigration process easy. That way you can spend your time focusing on what really matters: international collaboration.
As a CIEE Research Scholar USA participant, you will:
- Fill out an application and gather supporting documents
- Submit your application
- Schedule your visa interview with your nearest American embassy
- Book your airfare
- Travel to the U.S., visit your host organization, and get started!
HAVE YOU BEEN INVITED TO THEUnited States?
Keep in mind that CIEE is not a placement service. In other words, we do not find host organizations on behalf of our participants. CIEE acts solely as the visa sponsor for participants who have pre-arranged opportunities in the U.S. Learn more about finding a placement.Get Started