J-2 Visas for Dependents
Most participants of CIEE Professional Exchange Programs are allowed to bring their dependents – a spouse and/or any unmarried children under 21 – with them to the U.S on a J-2 visa. It is a wonderful way to extend the exchange experience to your whole family!
HOW TO APPLY FOR A J-2 VISA
- Submit a CIEE J-2 Dependent Application form as part of your initial application.
- Book a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy for your dependents.
- Contact CIEE with any questions; we are here to provide forms and ensure your application is filled out correctly and completely.
INFORMATION REQURIED FOR EACH DEPENDENT APPLYING FOR A J-2 VISA:
- Comprehensive biographical information, including name, date of birth, dates of travel, contact, and passport information.
- A copy of his or her passport.
- Proof of status – a marriage certificate for a spouse, or a birth certificate for a child.
- Proof of insurance coverage for the dependent’s entire stay in the U.S.
- Proof of adequate finances – $1,000/month per dependent. Proof includes bank statements or an offer letter from your host organization showing that you will be making enough money to cover your dependents.