Top 10 FREE MUST-HAVE Mobile Apps in Spain and the World!

Kamalía A.

Apps are an integral part of our lives; we use them DAILY. Below is a top ten non-exhaustive list of the apps I use to enjoy Spain and the world in order of HOW often I use them.

Navigating Europe has been so much easier for me with these apps; I wanted to share them to help make your life easier too!

WhatsApp - (GLOBAL) This app is EVERYTHING. It is your communication to ANYONE, ANYWHERE around the world. You can text, call, video call, send pictures, and videos all for FREE as long as you have data or WiFi. You NEED this, if you don't have it, DOWNLOAD IT NOW. Tell your family and friends to download WhatsApp to communicate with you for free.

SkyScanner - (GLOBAL) I have a method when it comes to buying cheap European/African flights. First I go to Google Flights because you can see a calendar of low fares and it's easier to determine WHEN you should fly and for how long. I use SkyScanner second. It's a nifty app to have because it searches for the best bang for your buck, shortest and cheapest flights. I always use both in tandem to locate the cheapest and shortest flight.

TripAdvisor (GLOBAL) I LOVE to use Trip Advisor to find top restaurants and THINGS TO DO! You can just walk around a new city and find new things, but with Trip Advisor, you can get insider opinions on wait times, what hotels REALLY look like, tips on how to make the most of your time and more. You can use it ALL over the world to see what are the most popular attractions, parks, museums and things to do! I use it almost religiously to plan trips locally and abroad.

El Tenedor (The Fork) - (GLOBAL) Spanish people LOVE this app. Yelp is super popular in the U.S. Trust me, I didn't eat at a new restaurant unless it had AT LEAST 4 stars on Yelp, and I used the pictures uploaded to help me order. Yelp isn't very popular here and you won't find many reviews. But you can reserve restaurants, see reviews and find top restaurants as you would with Yelp.

GoEuro - (EUROPE) GoEuro is a convenient transportation app that shows you logistics such as fastest travel time, best way to travel and different prices. For example, on our day trip to Segovia, it suggested: flight, Taxi, Uber, BlaBlaCar and Renfe pricing with travel time included. Our best option ended up being the Renfe because it provided the best travel times. It's almost like a travel companion with the answers for, "How should I get there?"

Bla Bla Car - (EUROPE) This is a VERY popular and CHEAP way to travel around Spain. Bla Bla Car is literally a carpooling system where you put the date of travel, and location and it searches for users who just happen to be traveling to your destination on those dates.  I have SEARCHED for trips on Bla Bla Car; but I have not yet actually booked through Bla Bla Car but my friends who have used it enjoyed it and are still using it for CHEAP travel!

Don't forget to leave me some love or questions and comments below--for more travel tips contact me on Instagram: @kamtheadventuress, I'd love to hear your opinions and travel stories!

xx,

Kamalía