Seeking Discomfort: Time To Make Spain My Home

Nicole L.

Hi, Hello, my name is Nicole, but all of my friends call me Nikki. I am currently writing from my beautiful backyard in sunny Saco, Maine. I am beyond grateful to be able to take you all on my journey to Spain with me during this next year.I am currently at home in Maine for the summer, getting to spend some quality time with my family, and our beloved cat Bilbo. I am a 22 year old recent college graduate from southern Maine. For college, I took the biggest leap of faith, and spent my college years in Switzerland, where I just recently got my degree in visual communication arts and a minor in environmental science from Franklin University Switzerland in Lugano, Switzerland. Getting my degree abroad was truly the best decision of my life, and one I would recommend to anyone. However, as much as I could talk about going to college abroad, I have so much more to share! I live my life by the motto "Seek Discomfort" as I truly believe the best things in life are found when we step out of our comfort zones. Travel is perhaps one of biggest passions in life, and I have been very blessed to have been able to go to 18 countries so far. My goal is to hit 30 countries before age 30, so I have 8 years to hit 12 more countries! A few of my favoruite things include Mexican food, art, naps, animals of all kinds, and desserts of all kinds. I started working when I was 14, and have been working at a campground every summer for the past 8 summers. I also have worked various jobs such as working at an early childhood education centre, as a classroom aide, a videographer for a documentary in Switzerland, working at my campus garden, and tutoring in both English and French to non-native speakers. I am currently doing CIEE's TEFL certification class before I embark on my newest journey of moving to Madrid, Spain for another amazing year in Europe, to teach English as an auxiliar. I will of course keep you all updated on how it goes! Here's to a new journey, to seeking more discomfort, and to discovering our paths in life. 

Until Next Time, 

Nikki In Wanderland