A New Adventure Abroad

Teach In Spain Program + 4 Weeks of Spanish Immersion

Katelyn R.

Hello! 

I'm Kate and I am so beyond thrilled to be starting this new adventure in Spain! To start I am from Hailey, Idaho, which I’m sure many people have never heard of. It is a very picturesque ski town nestled in the mountains of Idaho. After high school I attended Westminster College in Salt Lake City, Utah. I graduated in 2021 with a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education with a minor in Outdoor Education and Leadership. While in college I had the opportunity to study abroad in Colombia for a month which was such an eye-opening experience. This short time abroad is what really inspired me and lead to this new and exciting adventure of moving to Spain. 

This last year I taught first grade and let me tell you those kids are the cutest thing! I will miss them so much but I am so ready to immerse myself in Spanish culture and make more connections with my new students! I have always known that I wanted to teach abroad and through CIEE I am able to continue my passion for teaching and exploring Spain and other countries. As I spend the last month or so at home with family and friends before I leave I have been thinking a lot about the customs and traditions that we hold here in the US. Going into this year in Spain my three big goals are to take in the Spanish culture, improve my Spanish and enjoy every moment even the hard ones. That is all for now I need to get packing!