Hello, My Name Is: ______

Olivia M.

Hi, I’m Olivia! I am 22 years old and I am an English Language Assistant in El Boalo, a small village outside Madrid. 

I am from West Hartford, Connecticut, USA and I am a true New Englander: I drink Dunkin’ iced coffee in the dead of winter, I think the “most wonderful time of the year” is fall, and I call subs “grinders”. I graduated from the University of Connecticut (Go Huskies!) in May 2021 where I studied Allied Health Sciences and Spanish on a pre-physician assistant track.  

During my time at UConn, I had the opportunity to study abroad in Granada, Spain. Not only did I fall in love with Spain, but I also learned how my career in medicine would be positively impacted by increased cultural competency. I decided to return to Spain this year to increase my level of Spanish and gain teaching skills to better communicate with my future patients. 

In addition to my goal of becoming a physician assistant, one personal goal I have is to write a book. I am excited to push myself outside my comfort zone as much as possible this year to gain new experiences, perspectives, and connections and maybe even set a new goal. 

Follow along with me on my journey!