Group Site Visits
As a valued partner in international education, we invite you to gain first-hand knowledge about our on-site facilities, to meet with resident staff, faculty, and students, and learn of the culture and local environment in which our programs operate.
Participants will have a better understanding of the:
- Academic programs offered, including program structure and content, host institution and CIEE Study Center facilities and faculty.
- Physical location and attributes of the CIEE Study Center, host institution, and student housing.
- Health, safety, and security procedures.
- Student housing and meal options.
- Overall experiences of students currently participating in the site program(s) including academics, program excursions, co-curricular activities, and daily life.
- Roles and responsibilities of onsite CIEE resident staff and faculty.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM PARTICIPATION
Past participants have included study abroad advisors and directors, faculty with an active interest in promoting international education, and college/university administrative staff who have a direct role in promoting study abroad within their institution. To assist in aligning the goals of the visit with selected participants, CIEE will provide historical data about student participant academic majors.
TYPICAL GROUP SITE VISIT ITINERARY
While each Group Site Visit is tailored to its unique program offerings and location, a typical itinerary includes visits to the host institution at which the program is based, class observation, visits to homestays and/or dormitories, participation in student co-curricular activities, and meetings with CIEE faculty, resident staff, and students to provide participants with an in-depth view of each program.
2018 CIEE Group Site Visit Locations
In November 2018, we will be hosting the 2018 CIEE Annual Conference in Barcelona, Spain. The noted CIEE locations will be hosting Open Houses and Group Site Visits at that time.
LocationsClick to Open
|Location||Visit Type||Dates||Registration Deadline|
|Cape Town and Botswana||Group Site Visit||February 25 - March 3||Registration Closed|
|Seville and Rabat||Group Site Visit||February 11 – February 17||Registration Closed|
|London and Rome||Group Site Visit||March 11 – March 16||Registration Closed|
|Khon Kaen and Shanghai||Group Site Visit||April 15 – April 21||Registration Closed|
|Budapest and Amsterdam||Group Site Visit||April 29 – May 4||Registration Closed|
|Prague||Group Site Visit||October 15-16||7/15/2018|
|Barcelona||Open House||November 6 and November 12||8/31/2018|
|Madrid||Group Site Visit||November 3 - November 6||7/15/2018|
|Seville||Group Site Visit||November 3 - November 6||7/15/2018|
|Alicante||Open House||November 6||8/31/2018|
|Rome||Group Site Visit||November 10 - November 13||7/15/2018|
|Paris||Group Site Visit||November 10 - November 13||7/15/2018|
|Palma de Mallorca||Group Site Visit||November 10 - November 13||7/15/2018|
|Lisbon||Group Site Visit||November 3 - November 6||7/15/2018|
|London||Group Site Visit||November 10 - November 13||7/15/2018|
|Copenhagen||Open House||November 11||8/31/2018|
|Berlin||Group Site Visit||November 3 - November 6||7/15/2018|
|Ferrara||Group Site Visit||November 10 - November 13||7/15/2018|
|Rabat||Group Site Visit||November 10 - November 13||7/15/2018|
Registration Deadlines and Visa Processing
Due to the increased popularity of CIEE’s Group Site Visits and CIEE’s need to ensure that participants are getting the visit that is best suited to their needs, persons wishing to attend a CIEE Group Site Visit are asked to submit an application. CIEE will review applications and accept participants based on set criteria. The group site visit leader will notify participants of their acceptance early enough for them to obtain visas (if necessary), book flights, and make any other necessary arrangements. In some cases, if a site visit has been filled, applicants will be offered the option of attending the site visit at full cost.
Academic Consortium Members:
- Free registration for first participant + up to $1000 of airfare covered by CIEE*
- $400 registration for second participant (airfare not included)
- Registration fee includes a single room at a local hotel, all meals during the site visit, and all intra-country transportation
*Please note that the GSV benefit for AC members is only valid once every three years
Non-Academic Consortium Members:
- $600 Registration per participant
- Registration fee includes a single room at a local hotel, all meals during the site visit, and all intra-country
- Airfare not included
If you are interested in attending an Open House, please respond to email@example.com by August 31, 2018 with the following information:
- Your Name
- Location of Open House
- Date of Open House
- Your objective for the visit
We will be finalizing our plans in early September and informing guests by September 15. Please note that space may be limited.