CIEE Semester In Model to be Expanded to 33 International Cities

It’s time for March Madness 2024!

Last March, we shared with you weekly updates on CIEE’s expanded program portfolios in Spain, Italy, France and England, announcing seven new CIEE Centers, 35+ new programs, and eight program revisions that opened doors to an international experience for more of your students. This month, we will share weekly announcements highlighting new programs, locations, and initiatives focused on four areas – our worldwide CIEE Semester In programs, our Asia-Pacific programs, a strategic investment to increase the number of students studying in Latin America, and the expansion of our global internships.

Today, I’m thrilled to announce the expansion of the CIEE Semester In study abroad program model to an additional 19 locations in 2025, bringing the total CIEE Semester In portfolio to 33 international cities.

CIEE Semester In is Going Global

The CIEE Semester In program provides students with many advantages, including:

• Extensive course offerings (most taught in English) provided by exceptional international university partners and CIEE faculty, supporting all majors, including business, natural sciences, engineering, language, humanities, and social sciences
  • Cultural integration through attending classes with local college students
  • Immersion opportunities such as internships and volunteering
  • Rich excursions for students in each location
  • Academic calendar alignment
  • Minimal prerequisites
  • Admission with GPA of 2.5 (depending on host institution eligibility)
  • No language requirements, but extensive options to take language classes

With this expansion, the CIEE Semester In portfolio will be offered in 33 locations.

Africa & Middle East
Asia-Pacific
Europe
Latin America

Amman

Cape Town

Gaborone

Legon

Beijing

Seoul

Singapore

Shanghai

Sydney

Taipei

Tokyo*

Alicante

Amsterdam*

Berlin*

Barcelona

Copenhagen

Dublin

Edinburgh

Florence

Glasgow

Lisbon

London

Madrid

Milan

Palma de Mallorca

Paris

Prague

Rome

Seville

Tallinn

Toulouse

Buenos Aires

Santiago, CH

Yucatan 

Existing Programs, New for Spring 2025, *New for Fall 2025

CIEE Semester In Offers U.S. College Advisors Ease, Efficiency, and Excellence

U.S. college faculty and study abroad advisors are assured that all 33 CIEE Semester In programs are delivered in a consistent manner, with the highest level of academic integrity and the strongest student health and safety protocols in the field. This allows colleges to approve some or all CIEE Semester In programs and know that their students are being supported consistently in multiple international locations with:

• Flexible Academics – Earning up to 15 credits by taking courses with CIEE or at one or more local host institutions. With subjects spanning from business and engineering to humanities and social sciences, there is something for every student. 
  • Real World Experience – International internships help students develop the problem solving, intercultural communication, and self-leadership skills most valued by employers in today’s globally interconnected workplace. 
  • Cultural Immersion – Attending classes with local students and co-curricular activities and study tours deepen the understanding of local culture and society.
  • Certified Health and Safety Professionals – CIEE is the leader in delivering support to students, with experienced staff and extensive training in mental health protocols, providing students, parents, and college advisors with the highest levels of support overseas.

CIEE Semester In Expands Diversity Abroad

The expansion of CIEE Semester In is part of our pledge to meet student demand and expand access to study abroad for all students, as well as to better support our university partners with consistent, high-quality, easy-to-administer study abroad programs.

For more on our CIEE Semester In program, please visit our website, reach out to your CIEE Manager of Institutional Relation, contact IR@ciee.org, or drop by our booth at the Forum on Education Abroad conference in Boston, March 20-22.

March Madness 2024 updates will continue throughout the month. Stay tuned for more news on CIEE's Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and global internship portfolios!  

Then join us for a webinar on Tuesday, April 9 at noon EDT for a recap and discussion of all the exciting new programs and locations we're launching in 2025 to better serve your students.

Register now