Golondrinas, Park Guell, and Copper Oh My!

Spanish Language & Culture

Ali Clifton

This week was full of fun activitites for students.  They took a boat ride on Las Golondrinas, visited Park Guell, and created their own necklaces out of copper in Poble Espanyol.  Las Golondrinas gave students the opportunity to see the ocean from a boat and take a small tour.  They enjoyed soaking up some sun and relaxing while watching the sea float by.  In Park Guell, students enjoyed an additional opportunity to see the marvellous architecture and creativity of Antoni Gaudí as they explored a park full of his creations.  Finally in Poble Espanyol, students were able to let their own creativity loose.  There, they created beautiful necklaces with pendants that were made out of copper.  Students also got to experience more of Spanish culture by exploring stores with handmade goods and videos highlighting the many festivals that take place in different parts of Spain every year.  The pictures in this post show students enjoying the view from the Golondrinas, a beautiful look at Barcelona from Park Guell, and students' creations from the copper workshop.