Event Recap: Volunteering at the Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival

April is known as cherry blossom season in Japan, but CIEE alumni in the San Francisco Bay Area got to experience the special season for themselves at a recent alumni event. On April 15, members of the CIEE Alumni San Francisco Bay Area Chapter volunteered together at the 50th Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival, one of California's most prominent celebrations of Asian traditions with over 200,000 attendees. Alumni supported the event by managing the back stage gate of one of the performance stages, where they could see artists and performers from all over Japan prepare and perform their acts. Afterwards, they enjoyed coffee and lunch to celebrate a great day of volunteering together. It was the perfect way to give back to the community and celebrate  Japanese and Japanese-American culture in San Francisco's Japantown!

Photo for blog post Event Recap: Volunteering at the Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival

Don't miss the next event! Join the CIEE Alumni San Francisco Bay Area Chapter on Facebook or email alumni@ciee.org to receive email notifications about upcoming events.