The Health, Safety, and Security Takeaway - November

Bill Bull

Taking a page from the effective communication protocols used by the U.S. Department of State, CIEE's Health, Safety, and Security team will share relevant large-scale security alerts about incidents that are possibly impacting multiple CIEE participants (including details on disease outbreaks, terror attacks, and natural and man-made disasters)  via:

The web-based news feed allows you (and as many members of your university team as you wish) to automatically receive security alerts from CIEE about significant emergency events via email, an alert notification on a web browser, and/or a push-notification on your cell phone or other mobile device (regardless of whether your university has students on a CIEE program at the time or not).

To receive CIEE security alerts via the RSS feed, you must opt-in (similar to the US State Department STEP alerts). Please click here for instructions on subscribing to the Health, Safety, and Security RSS Feed via the device(s) of your choice.

If you have any questions, please contact your Manager of Institutional Relations, or the CIEE Health, Safety & Security team at hss@ciee.org.

_____

This is the second installment of our new outreach feature – The Health, Safety, and Security Takeaway. On a regular basis, CIEE's Health, Safety, and Security team will share a tip or idea to help university teams prepare students for study abroad and manage any health and safety problems that may arise.  See October's HSS Takeaway here.