Noraebangs, Kpop choreography and an Animal cafe!

K-Pop Immersion

Sartu Taha

Yesterday, we had a very exciting day at the YGX Dance Academy! Our dancers finally got the opportunity to show us all their talent on the dance floor. The k-pop dance class was led by a professional dancer from the Academy who taught us the choreography to How you like that by Blackpink. 

Earlier this week, the global navigators met up with their Korean student Seoulmates in Hongdae. The students and their Seoulmates had some free time to enjoy a meal, go shopping, and show off their karaoke skills at the Noraebang. They also got to explore an animal cafe, with 4 floors filled with over 40 kinds of animals, including cats, raccoons, lizards, snakes, and even meerkats!

The navigators also explored Nami Island, which was popularized after Winter Sonata, a popular Korean drama was filmed there. The students got to ride bikes around the island and also enjoy the various art sculptures and installations 

Another really awesome activity the navigators had this week was a tour of Gwangjang Market! Here to students got to try some local favorites like gimbap, kimchi and pork dumplings, and Korean twisted donuts.