Bon Voyage!

High School Abroad in Denmark

Finley A.

Hello!

My name is Caroline Finley Appleton, but I insist you call me Finley. I am 15 years old, and a bit of a homebody or I was until I discovered CIEE, and decided to study abroad. After a year of applying, getting papers, and phone calls, I finally have achieved my goal of studying abroad in Denmark. I still can't believe I'm going to Europe, and I can't wait to meet my host family. My journey begins in west Hollywood with my mom. We wanted to have a girls' trip before we left, which was exciting. We went shopping, had great food, and got to explore Hollywood. My favorite place that we went to was called the Nice Guy, when we went inside, we were told we're not allowed to take pictures, because it is a popular place for celebrities! How exciting!

Photo for blog post Bon Voyage!

When I was there, we also ate tons of delicious food! My favorite was the ramen that I ate; it had wagyu beef, a spicy broth, and a quail egg!

Photo for blog post Bon Voyage!

Photo for blog post Bon Voyage!

On our final day, I and my mom I explored Venice and watched the ball drop in NYC to celebrate the new year. I decided that my new year's resolution is to try different foods. On January 1st, it was finally time for me to begin my journey. I hugged my mom goodbye at the airport and waited for my flight. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared, I have never flown before or been to Europe, so I was more then frightened, but I felt much better on the plane. It was time to head to my orientation, which was in Paris; I could barely believe it!