Quick update

Eliza M.

Hi everyone!!

This is just going to be a really quick update with some pictures and a couple thoughts.. Not too much to add right now. I'm a little under the weather with a cold so I figure it's a good time to do this. 

Last weekend, Ben (new this semester, was in Chile last semester, is awesome) and Eli and I went to el Parque del Alamillo with a picnic and chilled for the day. 'Twas very nice. Pics to demonstrate the niceness shown here.

Super cool bridge

Different bridge perspectives :))

Walkin' on sunshine, I guess.

Cool tree of names 'n' what not

Pretty nice, right? Niceness is in full display here, if you ask me.

Just so much NICENESS.

Shoes are off.

And the cards are out.

AND Oreos. It just can't get any nicer.

Post-park hangin' on Eli's terrace. More niceness, if I do say so myself.

Sevilla is just so unattractive and horrible and I really so much dislike it!!!!! (ha ha) (ha) (ha)

San Jacinto in all its glory.

Looking across the Triana bridge

Where's Waldo/La Giralda??

There she is.

Alright, couple other things..

Starting to REALLY gear up for Semana Santa-- next week!!

This is one of the MANY churches in Sevilla. A lot of these churches have been open the last couple weeks (Well, I guess they're always open? Not really sure) with these event things where people can go and kiss the hand or the foot of the "imagen", the statue thing, which is either of the Virgin Mary or Jesus. A little strange but a very typical tradition here.

One of the "pasos" (like a float in a parade) ready for the statue to be put on it

Chairs set up in one of the most important plazas of Semana Santa-- every "paso" has to pass through this plaza. All of these chairs cost money and are paid for by the year and are EXPENSIVE.

This weekend I made cookies with Lucía!! So fun. They didn't have Hershey's kisses here so we improvised.

And final picture: Guess How Much I Love You, discovered in Spanish :))

So cute.

On a more serious note, thoughts and prayers go out to friends and family of the downed Germanwings plane. Too horrible to imagine.

Hope everyone's having a good week and that spring is at least trying to get started back home. And happy Easter! The next post will be a super-duper one because it will have stuff from Semana Santa, Dublin, AND Budapest (I leave on Tuesday for the trip!!). Much wow. Ok, 'til then..