Recalling the CIEE Alumni China Chapter event in Shanghai

This past December, the CIEE Alumni China Chapter held an entrepreneurship forum for alumni and current students in Shanghai where Greg Nance of ChaseFuture talked about the unique challenges and opportunities of running a business in China. The event was held at East China Normal University (ECNU). Chapter Leader Nicholas Clark shares some words about the event:

"CIEE students and alumni were joined by Greg Nance, founder and CEO of ChaseFuture, for a discussion on education and entrepreneurship in Shanghai. Greg shared the story of how he came to China - on a whim - and built up a company to try and make the process of applying to US universities more credible, rewarding, and educational for Chinese applicants. CIEE students asked about Greg's experience in both the corporate and startup worlds, and his opinion of the trade-offs and rewards between the two. CIEE alumni asked about Greg's journey to understand the Chinese market and build up his credibility to customers and investors. At the end, everyone enjoyed networking and chatting over Strictly Cookies."

Did you attend this alumni chapter event in Shanghai? Comment below to share your experience!

Missed the event? Are you a CIEE study abroad or cultural exchange alum in China, but not a member of the chapter? Join the CIEE Alumni China Chapter group on Facebook to connect with fellow CIEE alumni located in China.