Alumni Update - June 2017

NEWS THIS MONTH

Last Chance to Enter the Alumni Storytelling Contest

In celebration of CIEE’s 70th Anniversary, we invited alumni of all of CIEE’s family of programs to share their stories with us, and with the world, by entering the Alumni Storytelling Contest. The deadline is approaching but there's still time to participate! Submit your essay, photo series, or video by June 8 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Daylight Time) to be in the running to win a $500 Visa gift card. Don't miss your chance! Enter the contest.

Keep an eye on your email and on the @cieealumni social channels for the announcement of winners at the end of the month. Good luck!

CIEE Alumni in Washington, D.C. Featured on European Union Social Page

After a productive brunch meeting at Tonic, several members of the CIEE Alumni Washington, D.C. Chapter went to check out the cultural events happening in celebration of European Union Open House day and the 60th anniversary of the E.U. While decked out in "E.U. pride" accessories, their photo was snapped and featured on the European Union in the United States Facebook page, as well as in their email newsletter! See the feature.

Remembering Last Year's CIEE Civic Leadership Summit

It's summer time, and that means the start of a new CIEE Work & Travel USA season and another impactful CIEE Civic Leadership Summit! Year after year, the CIEE Civic Leadership Summit brings together young leaders from around the world to learn about intercultural awareness, civics, social entrepreneurship, and how to make their communities, and the world, better places. To celebrate another inspiring upcoming Summit, the CIEE Exchange Programs blog featured some highlights from the 2016 Summit. Read the blog post.

"I’ll never forget the incredible people who empowered me to believe change is possible." -Saray Quirant

UPCOMING EVENTS

Stay up-to-date with alumni events by:

Read about the most recent CIEE Alumni Local Chapter events on the blog.

ALUM OF THE MONTH 

The Alum of the Month for June is Andrew Ralph, who participated in the CIEE Work & Travel USA program in the summer of 2015. Andrew's summer work placement was at CIEE's global headquarters in Portland, Maine, where he learned the ins and outs of the J-1 Visa process in the Unites States. Since he has been back in Ireland, he completed an undergraduate degree in journalism and currently works for the "Dublin People" newspaper while pursuing further education. Read his story.

Do you have your own story to share? Email us: alumni@ciee.org

ALUMNI VOICES

Excerpts from recently published alumni stories: 

"Travel leads to world peace...You learn to appreciate and not judge. And it’s not even a forced process; building tolerance and being a less prejudiced person just starts to happen naturally while traveling." -Kassi Oliver (CIEE Study Abroad, 2001)

@CIEEALUMNI 

From left: CIEE Work & Travel USA alumni living in Russia met up with current CIEE Study Abroad students in Moscow for an evening of cultural exchange; members of the CIEE Alumni San Francisco Bay Area Chapter volunteered at the 50th Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival, where they got to see visiting Japanese performers up close and personal; exciting ideas for future events were shared at a brunch meeting for the CIEE Alumni Washington, D.C. Chapter.

On social media? So are we! Follow us on Twitter or Instagram @CIEEalumni, and join over 20,000 alumni on our LinkedIn group

Don't forget to update your information to receive important communications and alumni news!

Interested in working with us at CIEE? Browse our open jobs.

ALUMNI NEWS  |  EVENTS  |  CHAPTERS  |  CONTACT US

Photo for blog post Alumni Update - June 2017

300 Fore St. Portland, ME 04101  |  1.207.553.4000  |  ciee.org/alumni

If you wish to be removed from this group's mailing list, click here