Before you start your internship or training program, you must complete CIEE’s online orientation. The orientation takes about 60 minutes and offers useful advice about:
- Traveling to America
- Making the most of your program
- Important program rules and regulations
You can complete the orientation any time after you receive your DS-2019 form. However, you must complete it before you depart for the U.S.
Please note: You will receive a reminder and instructions from CIEE approximately 30 days before your program start date. Make sure you have provided CIEE with your correct email address, and check with your CIEE representative if you have not received an email from us a month before your program start date.
TO START THE CIEE ONLINE ORIENTATION
- Visit onlineorientation.ciee.org
- Log in with your DS-2019 number and last name
- High Speed Internet access – connection of 150kbps or higher
- Operating System – Windows XP or Vista, or MAC OS X 10.3 or higher
- Browser - Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher, Firefox version 2.0 or higher, Safari, Chrome, Opera
- Monitor - 1024 x 768 resolution, or ability to zoom out using your web browser
- Adobe Flash Player 9 or higher - if you do not have this on your computer, you will be prompted to download it or you can download from get.adobe.com/flashplayer
- Pop-up blocker turned off
If you have any problems logging in or viewing the presentation, please contact your CIEE representative for assistance. Remember, too, that you must complete the entire orientation before you travel to the U.S. to begin your program.