Cherish Every Moment

Frida Bossen V.

I’m now at the point in the year where I only have one month left of school! As much as I look forward to Summer Break, I’m also very emotional about having to leave everything that comes with being a High School student. Countless memories have been made during my time in school, I don’t even know where to begin. My interest in football began under the lights of the stadium, where I’ve had a great time with my friends while cheering on my school’s football team. The Friday nights are something of its own, something special, that I will cherish forever.

My time as a High School student was also the time, where I joined both the Cross Country and Track team. There’s no doubt that joining the two teams, have been a choice I didn’t regret and will never. I love my 7th hour, which is the class where I do Track. The weather in my city has been fantastic in the past weeks, it’s like summer for me! The sun is shining and so is my energy. I love to come outside after a day on the school bench, where the air can’t be measured with the one outside. Track is also the time of the day, where I can interact with my school mates and friends, and have a little extra fun, and some exercise for that matter! Track and Cross Country has and is definitely one of the best part of my High School year. I will forever cherish the friends and memories I have made out of it.

As I said, I don’t know where to start, and I absolutely don’t know where to end, there are endless memories to write about. Pictures say more than words can ever do, and for that reason, I have been taking pictures all year long, as I was a tourist. For me, and I’m sure I’m not the only one, the pictures will later in my life be a valuable thing to have; you can look back at memories and live it all over again.

My emotions are a mix of everything at this time of the year. While I can’t wait to be back in my home country again, I will never want my exchange year to end. It’s a cliché, I know, but it’s also the truth of being an exchange student; it is wonderful, but can also be a pain in the a** at some time, which you just have to stick with it, ‘cause what other choice is there? And in the end? It will all be worth it.