Apply for a Scholarship or Grant
Scholarships are reviewed on a rolling, first come, first served basis. Apply early while funding is still available!
In order to provide valuable opportunities to a greater number of students, CIEE offers a limited amount of small scholarships for our High School Abroad programs in all of our destinations: Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, and Sweden.
These scholarships are open to trimester, semester, and year abroad students. Award recipients are chosen based on merit. The process is highly competitive, and award amounts may vary. Scholarship funds are limited, and may run out, so we encourage you to apply early.
Once a student receives a scholarship, they have 3 business days to accept the scholarship award and pay the confirmation deposit.
How to Apply
- Simultaneously complete their program application and scholarship application (with the help of their International Studies Advisor). Scholarship applications submitted after a program acceptance decision has been made will not be considered.
- Provide a teacher recommendation (required as part of program application)
- Contact your International Studies Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Scholarship applications are reviewed with the program application. Once a student receives a scholarship, they have 3 business days to accept the scholarship award and pay the confirmation deposit.
Please note – Merit scholarship applications are reviewed as soon as they are completed (program application must also be complete). Apply early while funding is available.
Did you know?
Students from the Southeastern USA are also eligible to apply for the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program, a fully-funded U.S. Department of State scholarship program offering you the opportunity to live with a host family and attend high school in Germany for a year. Learn German, experience another culture, and expand your horizons – for free! Please visit ciee.org/cbyx to apply.
Start your program application now! Contact your International Studies Advisor at CIEE by emailing email@example.com.
Tip # 2
Put a lot of thought into your essays. You don’t need to have all the answers. We want to know what you think – and how you think – about humanity, the world around you, and the impact studying abroad will have on you.