Apply for a Scholarship or Grant
Scholarships are reviewed on a rolling, first come, first served basis. Apply early while funding is still available!
In order to provide valuable opportunities to a greater number of students, CIEE offers a limited amount of small scholarships for our High School Abroad programs in all of our destinations: Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, and Sweden.
These scholarships are open to trimester, semester, and year abroad students. Award recipients are chosen based on merit. The process is highly competitive, and award amounts may vary. Scholarship funds are limited, and may run out, so we encourage you to apply early.
Once a student receives a scholarship, they have 3 business days to accept the scholarship award and pay the confirmation deposit.
How to Apply
- Simultaneously complete their program application and scholarship application (with the help of their International Studies Advisor). Scholarship applications submitted after a program acceptance decision has been made will not be considered.
- Provide a teacher recommendation (required as part of program application)
- Contact your International Studies Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Scholarship applications are reviewed with the program application. Once a student receives a scholarship, they have 3 business days to accept the scholarship award and pay the confirmation deposit.
Please note – Merit scholarship applications are reviewed as soon as they are completed (program application must also be complete). Apply early while funding is available.
EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY FOR NORTH CAROLINA STUDENT
Thanks to the deNoyelles Global Navigator scholarship, any high school student in North Carolina has a chance to live the high school life in a far-from-ordinary place. This opportunity – available only through CIEE – covers full program tuition, round-trip airfare, and stipend for one semester or a full academic year. To apply, make sure you can meet the following requirements:
- Complete an application to a CIEE Global Navigator High School Study Abroad program in one of the following locations: Brazil, Chile, China, France, Germany, Italy, or Spain.
- Show proof of residency in North Carolina.
- Demonstrate significant financial need.
The deadline is March 15, 2020.
Start your program application now! Contact your International Studies Advisor at CIEE by emailing email@example.com.
Tip # 2
Put a lot of thought into your essays. You don’t need to have all the answers. We want to know what you think – and how you think – about humanity, the world around you, and the impact studying abroad will have on you.