Honorable Mentions

Geraldine L.

Here are just some places/things I have done but not had the opportunity to talk about but they were very memorable in my journey in South Korea. I would say some of these altered my brain chemistry...

Best Ramen I've Ever Had

One of the first meals I had was at Icheumo Ramen in Hongdae (이츠무라멘). It was a very small restaurant but it added to its flair. The menu was also very small but the ramen was sooooo tasty. 

First Rose Tteokbokki

The first time I tried rose tteokbokki was in Hongdae. The place was called Yeopjip Tteokbokki (옆집떡볶이 홍대점). The place was empty and it was just me and my friends and I wondered why it was so empty. The tteokbokki was some of the best I had! And the rose tteokbokki tasted almost like pasta... it was a little shocking.

Seoul Night View From Namsan Tower

This view was absolutely stunning. You could see all of Seoul clearly because of the clear sky and lack of air pollution and fine dust. I couldn't believe that a city could look so beautiful. Despite it being freezing, I could have stayed and admired the view forever.

Watercolor Painting and Souffle Pancakes

This was one of my favorite activites (and possibly a great date location *wink*). I'm not very artisitc but I enjoyed doing whatever felt right with the paint and the paper. Though the pancakes tasted like eggs, they were still really delicious and fluffy! The cafe is called Peach Grey (피치그레이 on Naver Maps). It is in Jamsil near Lotte World and Lotte World shopping mall so you can visit there if you're in the area!

I'm a terrible archer...

There is an archery cafe in Sinchon! I've always been fascinated by archery so having the chance to do this was amazing. I will admit, I did better in the practice than I did during the actual game. I definitely recommend going to Archery Cafe Robinhut if you're looking for something to do in Sinchon.

Joining a Garden of Flowers

The Rose Festival that happened recently was fascinating. Not only did I feel cute, but I took so many pictures of flowers. I don't think I've been surrounded by so many flowers in my life. It was also just really fun and beautiful. However, the day ended quickly with spontaneous rain...

Wine! No Beer.

For those who are old enough, I definitely recommend wine tasting. I am not a huge fan of drinking or alcohol but wine is great! Oneul Wine (오늘와이한잔 on Naver Maps) serves food and glasses of wine for a very affordable price. I always feel bougie and sophisticated whenever I go. It's also a great place to meet with friends and wine down. Haha, I made a joke!