Exploring Yeonnam-dong!

Joy M.

Just a 30-minute walk from Sinchon is the perfect cafe-hopping spot, Yeonnam-dong! If you are a caffeine addict like me, you can find a variety of Instagram-worthy cafes in this small neighborhood! Each cafe has its own unique theme; from a 2D cafe to a relaxing nature-inspired aesthetic to an all-white container, it is relatively easy to find a cafe that fits your taste. 

With no plan in mind, my friends and I freely explored Yeonnam-dong, popping into every cafe and cute stationery shop that caught our attention. 

There is a hidden gem down the block from Greem Cafe (the infamous 2D cafe), a nameless yet enchanting cafe that welcomed us with a wooden pathway, green leaves, and bamboos hovering over us. 

Photo for blog post Exploring Yeonnam-dong!

This cafe was enclosed and quiet compared to others, yet it gave off a calming and cozy ambience. There were two levels: the 1st floor, the expresso bar and seating area for groups of people, and the basement level,  an intimate space for friends to relax and converse. 

As it was late in the day, we decided not to stay and enjoy beverages. However, in the short amount of time roaming around this cafe, I was captivated by its beauty and deemed it my favorite spot.

Thank you for following my journey in South Korea.