CIEE Announces International Program Advisory Council

We are pleased to introduce the International Program Advisory Council (IPAC), an exemplary group of international education professionals who will provide CIEE leadership with advice and counsel as they build upon CIEE’s 75-year history of delivering the highest-quality study abroad and international education programs.

Serving in leadership positions at prestigious colleges and universities across the country, this diverse group of experienced professionals will advise CIEE on program development and quality, while providing overall thought leadership in the rapidly evolving field of international education. In addition, they will collaborate on various research projects, program site visits, and innovation summits that will help shape the future of international education.

The inaugural cohort of CIEE’s International Program Advisory Council includes:

• Arizona State University
    • Noah Rost, Director, Global Education Office 
  • Babson College
    • Lorien Romito, Senior Director, International Education
  • Columbia University in the City of New York
    • Shannon Marquez, Ph.D., Dean of Undergraduate Global Engagement and Director of the Columbia University Center of Undergraduate Global Engagement (UGE)
  • Denison University
    • Katy A. Crossley-Frolick, Ph.D., Executive Director, Center for Global Programs
  • Elon University
    • Nick Gozik, Ph.D., Dean of Global Education
  • Georgetown University
    • Craig Rinker, Director of Global Education
  • Howard University
    • Tonija Hope, Ph.D., Director, Ralph J. Bunche International Affairs Center
  • Indiana University
    • Amanda Roshan-Rawaan, Associate Director, IU Global
  • Penn State University
    • Kate Fox Manni, Director of Education Abroad
  • Rutgers University 
    • Dan Waite, Ph.D., Executive Director, Rutgers Global-Study Abroad
  • Tulane University
    • Casey Love, Ph.D., Associate Dean and Director, Global Education, Newcomb-Tulane College
  • University of Colorado Boulder
    • Sylvie Burnet-Jones, Director, Education Abroad
  • University of Kansas
    • Kate Gerken, Program Manager, Study Abroad and Global Engagement
  • University of Pennsylvania
    • Nigel Cossar, Executive Director, Penn Abroad and Global Programs
  • Western Washington University
    • Ryan Larsen, Ph.D., Executive Director, Institute for Global Engagement
  • University of Wisconsin-Madison
    • Kallan Picha, Director of Global Programs and Partnerships, Wisconsin School of Business
  • Wofford College​
    • Amy Lancaster, Dean of International Programs

IPAC represents the next chapter of CIEE’s long-serving and industry-leading advisory group, the Academic Consortium Board (ACB). Established in 1994, the ACB provided more than 25 years of guidance to CIEE, helping lead the field by supplying the very best quality assurance and oversight for study abroad programs. We applaud and extend our very sincere appreciation to the scores of hard-working members of the ACB, past and present. Your service to CIEE and the field has been extraordinary.

IPAC will begin its work with a strategic planning summit in Merida, Mexico, in February 2023, and then convene for its first business meetings in Berlin, Germany, in June 2023.

On behalf of all of us at CIEE, as well as the faculty and students from 600+ colleges that we serve each year, we wish to extend to each member of IPAC our deep respect and appreciation for your service.