The Landparty at Bückeburg Schloss

Skyler F.

Today I went to the Landparty in Bückeburg! It took place at Schloss Bückeburg, which is a beautiful castle. The event included different vendors, food, music, and horses. 

At the Landparty there was a horse show! This was very exciting for my younger host siblings and was interesting to watch. The horses were in an older style, the typical trot, the braided hair, and more. The horses were also dressed up for the Landparty, which I found to be really interesting. They have information on the horses in the sense of how they train them and where they come from. 

The Landparty had many different vendors selling a variety of items. There were many hats, a typical item for the event, and flowy clothing. I found the different styles and the creativity to be intriguing as I do not typically see them around Germany. There were also many other things such as paintings, kitchenware, plants, and more!

The Landparty also included live music. There were many different bands and singers. The music varied from a children’s choir to people playing and singing characters from musicals. It was truly a showcase of talent of the surrounding area. 

At the Landparty there was also a lot of food! From hamburgers to popcorn, there was so much to offer! There were also a lot of strawberries, as a strawberry bowl is a signature drink there! Although it usually contains alcohol, you can still get it alcohol free. The strawberry theme was also incorporated into some of the ice cream, featuring specialty strawberry options!