TEFL in Murcia
10 Months living, teaching, and traveling in Spain
Job Placement in Murcia
After earning CIEE’s 150-hour TEFL Certification, you’ll head to Murcia, Spain to be a language and culture assistant (Auxiliar). In this position, you will be assisting a lead English teacher in a primary or secondary public school in the region of Murcia. Your job will be to help Spanish students develop their listening and conversational English skills by creating fun and engaging activities and presenting on North American culture.
This position requires 15 classroom hours per week earning 875 Euros per month. The workweek is Monday-Thursday or Tuesday-Friday, guaranteeing 3-day weekends, every week, for you to explore Spain and Europe.
This program is ideal for an independent teacher or traveler looking to get TEFL certified and teach English in Spain. Teachers on this program don’t need or want the full support that is offered as part of CIEE’s standard Teach in Spain programs.
Course Quick Facts
- 150 hours of training
- Courses capped at 16 students
- Live tutors to help through coursework
- Intercultural competency for the classroom
- Language Teaching Methodologies
- Grammar. You’ve already learned this. Now you’ll learn to teach it
- Get matched with a job in Murcia
- Earn €875/month
- Work 15 hours/week
Program Cost: $1,100
- CIEE’s 150-hour online TEFL Certification course
- Teaching placement with regional government in Murcia, Spain
- Health insurance, provided by the Murcia government
- 21 years and older
- Native English speaker
- Valid passport from: US, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, Philippines, New Zealand
- CIEE TEFL Certified (included with program)
- Apply below
- Once enrolled in TEFL course, CIEE will send your application directly to Murcia
- Our partner in Murcia will contact you with instructions for next steps
If meet the requirements above, you can enroll...Get Started Today!
The enrollment form requires you to create an account, which will take approximately 1 minute to complete. Once you have an account, your enrollment form will require some personal information and preferences for course date and tutorial time. We will also ask for a copy of your passport, educational background, and placement preferences to send to Murcia. In order to hold your space, you will need to submit a registration fee of $200 USD.
This program does not include pre departure or in country support from CIEE.
If you are interested in teaching in Spain with support from CIEE check out our Teach in Spain programs.