130-hour online TEFL course followed by a practicum abroad
Your journey begins online.
Where it takes you next?
CIEE TEFL has partnered with numerous schools abroad to offer you the opportunity to gain valuable international classroom experience - turning your TEFL certification into an adventure abroad! Once you’ve completed your 130 hours of online coursework, you can hop on a plane abroad for two weeks of instruction and teaching practice in the Destination TEFL country of your choice.
TEACH AS YOU TRAIN
Before you depart, you’ll complete the CIEE TEFL 130 hours of online coursework with a professional tutor online.
Once you arrive, you’ll be immersed in a two week program of teaching practice and observation in a foreign classroom, including:
- 40 hours of in-classroom instruction, where you’ll learn from an expert ESL mentor teacher trainor
- 20 hours of in-classroom teaching experience
- Intercultural lessons with a focus on Czech, English, Italian, Spanish, or Thai culture
At a Glance: What You’ll Learn
- Intercultural Teaching and Learning
- Reflective Teaching and Action Research Planning
- Classroom Management
- Differentiation of instruction to meet learner needs
- Tailored Lesson Planning (teaching a specific age group, topic, etc.)
- Use of Instructional Materials
- Philosophy of teaching
Benefits of completing your practicum abroad
- Discover whether a long-term ESL teaching commitment is right for you
- Learn more about teaching ESL specifically in the Destination TEFL country of your choice
- Gain 60 hours of in-person experience (great for jobs that require in-person teaching experience)
- Earn a 190-hour TEFL certificate that never expires
- Get a head start on your job search (many teachers even use this time to job search while in-country!)
- With CIEE, you’ll have pre-departure and in-country support (visa assistance, what to pack, transportation advice, emergency support in-country, & travel insurance)
- Build your cultural competence
- Have a fun and immersive adventure abroad
WANT TO LEARN MORE?Get the Definitive Guide to TEFL
You must have questions, and we have answers.Get the guide