Placement Assistance in Costa Rica
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for 4-month volunteer opportunity
AS A CURRENT ENROLLEE OR ALUMNI OF CIEE TEFL, You have THE opportunity TO SPEND FOUR MONTHS VOLUNTEERING WITH LOCAL COMMUNITIES in Western COSTA RICA.
In this placement, you would be teaching English to at-risk adults and improving their opportunities for employment in a rapidly expanding tourism industry where English is often required.
- 4-month volunteer teaching position in Costa Rica
- Airport pick up
- 4-day in-country orientation
- Local homestay with private room and access to wifi
- Completion flight bonus of $450-$600
- Volunteer 30-hours/week with 3-day weekends
- Visa assistance provided by partner
CIEE TEFL Placement Assistance in Costa Rica is available to all CIEE TEFL students and alumni of the 150-hour TEFL Certification course. Placement Assistance does not include pre-departure or in-country support from CIEE TEFL.
- Airport pick-up from San Jose Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)
- 4-day arrival orientation with accommodation
- Housing with a local Costa Rican host family in a private room
- Three meals per day provided by host family (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Transportation to teaching site
- Access to laundry service
- 24/7 support from the local coordinator and partner Program Coordinator
- Flight Bonus upon successful completion of program ($450-$600 USD)
Cost-free accommodations with a volunteer host family in your community.
Job placement in Costa Rica for 4 months. Skip the job hunt and enjoy peace of mind with job placement assistance in beautiful Costa Rica.
CIEE TEFL sends your application straight to our partner. No additional application paperwork or fees required.
Located in Central America and bordered by the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean, Costa Rica is the ideal location for your next adventure abroad. While only .03% of the Earth’s surface, Costa Rica contains nearly 6% of the world's biodiversity. Explore the local coffee farms and discover amazing cuisine and customs. Camp, hike, snorkel, boat and swim while comparing Atlantic and Pacific slope habitats.
This is a volunteer role where you would be teaching English as part of a “Skills for Life” program in Costa Rica with an emphasis on tourism. Students are 19-50 years old and usually come from unemployed, low socio-economic, and at-risk backgrounds.
Volunteers live with local host families that are not usually directly connected to the school or the students. Social workers vet and interview each family. Host families provide meals and internet. A $450-600 flight bonus is awarded depending on the duration of the program.
There is a set curriculum focused on tourism that you’d be teaching from, and you also have flexibility in the classroom to be creative. Levels are split into two groups: A1-A2 and A2+ - B1. Classrooms have whiteboards, desks and chairs, and wifi (in most classrooms) for teachers.
Volunteers work Monday to Thursday, 7:30am to 4:30pm with a full lunch hour and 15 min breaks in the morning and afternoon. Volunteer teachers are expected to print and prepare all materials before class, but the curriculum will be provided.
There are a few simple requirements. These, plus a sense of adventure and a desire to cross cultural boundaries and engage with people eager to learn English, will make you a great candidate.
- A bachelor's degree (preferably in Education or TESOL)
- 21 years or older – no age limit as long as they are healthy and active
- A clean criminal background check
- Preferred: previous ESL teaching experience, previous volunteer experience, basic Spanish
- Enrollment in or completion of CIEE’s 150-hour TEFL certification course
IF YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS ABOVE YOU CAN ENROLLGet Started Today!
CIEE TEFL Placement Assistance in Costa Rica does not include pre-departure or in-country support from CIEE TEFL.
If you are interested in volunteering with support from CIEE check out our Teach in Spain Volunteer program.Enroll now