Travel with Purpose
While in Vietnam, you’ll get a taste of the unique living and teaching experience this beautiful country has to offer. As a nation whose modern identity is defined by Chinese, French, Japanese, Hindi, and American cultures, Vietnam has emerged as a must-see for worldly travelers.
Spend two weeks exploring Ho Chi Minh City while also gaining in-classroom teaching experience and continuing to hone your TEFL skills. During the day, use your newfound TEFL knowledge teaching English in a Vietnamese classroom and get in-person instruction from experienced ESL teachers. The weekends (and evenings) are yours to curate as you see fit, but in case you curious about a typical school day in Ho Chi Minh City...
A Typical Day in Ho Chi Minh City for a Destination TEFL Student:Click to Open
8:00am: Stroll to a nearby street vendor for a bowl of Pho
9:00am: Arrive at your local school to observe and teach ESL lessons - you’ll be teaching/observing about 2 hours per day, so during this time you may have a prep period
1:00pm: You’ve earned your lunch - enjoy some Banh Mi before heading to class
2:00pm: Get out your notebooks - prepare for ESL instruction by an experienced mentor teacher. During this time, you’ll also discuss what went well in the morning, what you are preparing for the next day, and intercultural training for succeed in a Vietnamese classroom
6:00pm: Work is done! Enjoy a nice stroll around the beautiful streets of Ho Chi Minh City
6:30pm: Dinner time. Feast on some Cha Ca - a dish the Vietnamese love so much, they named a street after it
Note: Schedule is an example, subject to change
Weekend InspirationClick to Open
The weekend is yours to explore - here are a few suggestions on how to spend your free time:
Check out the War Remnants Museum which details the effects of the 30 year long war between Vietnam and the United States.
Enjoy a cocktail from the top of the Bitexco Tower, the highest building in Vietnam. At 68 stories, you will be able to see all of Ho Chi Minh and enjoy a gorgeous sunset.
Visit Can Gio Island, also known as Monkey Island! This nature reserve is home to hundreds of monkeys and crocodiles who you can feed and watch.
Program Cost: $1,400
- 190 Hour TEFL certification upon completion of the online course and in-person practicum (130 hours of online coursework and 60 hours of coursework and practicum abroad).
- 2 weeks of instruction and observed practicum with local students under the guidance of an experienced mentor teacher. Includes:
- 40 hours of instruction from mentor teachers
- 20 hours of observed practicum
- Pre-departure and in-country support (what to pack, transportation advice, emergency support in-country)
- Welcome meal
- A cultural excursion in Ho Chi Minh City
- Travel insurance (for U.S. citizens and permanent residents only)
- Job assistance
What’s not Included:
- Accommodation (Recommended accommodation list will be provided)
- Airport pick-up
- Meals (besides welcome meal)
Dates and Deadlines
May 15, 2018
*Exact dates TBD
Destination TEFL Eligibility Requirements
Must be a fluent English speaker
Must have a valid Passport or Passport Card
Ability to obtain a clean criminal background check
Must love adventure and traveling abroad
Have more questions?
Want to learn more?Get the definitive guide to TEFL
You must have questions, and we have answers.GET THE GUIDE