Top 5 things to do with your Host Family in Sevilla

High School Abroad in Spain

Raquel Burgos

1.       Sports, get moving!

Many Spanish families love biking, hiking, running and bringing our students along. Going to a soccer game like Sevilla F.C. or Betis, the official teams of Sevilla, with your host family is a must.

2.       Eat wonderful Spanish food

Spanish families are proud of their gastronomy and love seeing students enjoy their food. Get ready for paella, tortillas de patatas, gazpacho and much more!

3.       Get in the pool 

Not all but many of the CIEE families in Sevilla have a pool. The warm weather in Sevilla allows students to enjoy some pool time.

4.       Travelling            

Our host families enjoy taking our students to different sites to learn about the Spanish culture. The Doñana National Park in Huelva, breathtaking Ronda in Málaga, Madrid, capital of Spain or visiting the Mosque in Córdoba are some typical destinations our families choose to take our students.

5.       Festivals, ferias, romerias and more

Andalucía has a lot of unique spring festivals like Easter (Semana Santa) and April´s Fair (Feria de abril).  Host families love sharing their culture and traditions. One of our students’ favorite things to do in the spring is dressing up in the traditional flamenco outfit for feria, the biggest spring festival in Sevilla. Many of our students sign up for flamenco classes to learn the classic dance from Sevilla, sevillanas. Other options our students enjoy is going to the pilgrimage of El Rocío in Huelva.