Tips

High School Abroad in Spain

Madison P.

I'm a little late, but Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Three Kings Day. The holiday season has been a whirlwind with new and old traditions. The vacation has been a good time to spend time with family and friends, and I have enjoyed every second of it. Although the holidays have been an eventful time in Spain, this blog post is going to be tips for future students because I know second semester students are preparing right now.

I wanted to do this blog in order to give my family and friends updates, but I also wanted to do it because I wanted to help other students because I had so many questions before I came here. I still have a lot of learning to do, but I am going to clue you all in on some tips that I have picked up.

• Vale means okay! Probably the most helpful word ever.
  • Tengo que verb means I have to verb. Ex) Tengo que estudiar= I have to study
  • Parecer is a helpful verb that means to look like, to seem or to appear. 
  • Vocab, vocab, vocab
  • Do not pack too much. I promise you that you will shop and buy more.
  • Wear whatever you want. It is a great way to express yourself.
  • Try every food that comes your way. No exceptions.
  • Do not compare your experience to other student's experiences. Enjoy your time and your life.
  • Download whatsapp. It is very popular in Spain and probably through all of Europe.
  • Have more than one way to pay. Many small places just take money.
  • Watch out for the dreaded conversion rate; it gets me every time.
  • Comfortable shoes> Cute shoes
  • Ask questions. There is no shame in not knowing something.
  • Travel books give helpful ideas for exploring new places.
  • Seniors: This is a great thing to do all of your application essays on, but it also hard to finish everything while you studying abroad.
  • Do not stress.
  • Know who you are, but be willing to grow. 

If anyone has any questions about Spain or study abroad or anything, feel free to shoot me an email at madisonprinzing95@gmail.com.