Join CIEE Changemakers at the Girl Rising Summit

On October 10, celebrate the 2020 International Day of the Girl at the Girl Rising IDG Summit, a virtual event featuring speakers, workshops, multi-lingual film viewings, workshops, open mics, and more. This free event honors Girl Champions across the globe, with content designed to promote activism, build leadership skills, amplify diverse voices, and highlight issues that affect all of us.

The event consists of 12 hours of programming, divided into sessions. Each session will focus on a different geographic region: Southeast Asia, South Asia, East Africa, Latin America, and The Girl Rising Global Community. Plus there will be a session celebrating storytellers and changemakers. Attendees may attend as few or as many sessions as they choose.

Panels and discussions will center on the most pressing issues of our time, including topics related to human rights, gender equality, racial justice, LGBTQ rights, climate change, girls' education, financial inclusion, voting, and health, among others.

Several CIEE alumni changemakers are making videos for the event in which they share their experiences tackling issues in their community through creativity and problem-solving. These stories of women shaping their future and their community will air throughout the event.

Register here for the Girl Rising 2020 International Day of the Girl Summit.