Meet & Greet
CIEE offers an arrival Meet & Greet in either Boston or New York (depending on which location your camp has designated) for most first-time participants of Camp Exchange USA. Meet & Greet is not required for returning participants or participants who applied and accepted positions with camps directly (i.e. not through the placement services of CIEE).
About Meet & Greet
What is Meet & Greet? We’re glad you asked! Those who attend Meet & Greet will stay in either Boston or New York for one night before traveling onward to camp. This gives you the opportunity to meet fellow camp counselors while also preparing for a successful summer.
If you are participating in Meet & Greet, CIEE or your international representative will send you information about your arrival and transfer to the Meet & Greet location, which will be either:
Traveling From the Airport to Meet & Greet
- If you are flying into New York City: You will receive a SuperShuttle voucher that can be used to board a shuttle bus from your airline terminal to Hostelling International NYC. Check in to the hostel using your first and last name. You will receive more information upon arrival.
- If you are flying into Boston: You will take the Silver Line shuttle from Logan International Airport to South Station, Boston. From there, you will be emailed a map for a short walk to Hostelling International Boston. Check in to the hostel using your first and last name. You will receive more information upon arrival.
- In case of flight delays or late arrivals: Contact the local CIEE staff member using the phone number provided by CIEE. This staff member will help you secure transportation to the hostel. Please note: If shuttle service is not available at the time you arrive, you may have to take a bus or taxi; plan on having some money available for this potential expense.
Other Important Notes
- A CIEE representative will be available for you to call should you run into any problems finding the hostel. The representative’s phone number will be provided to you before you depart for the U.S.
- If you have a smartphone, we recommend downloading WhatsApp. There are many Wi-Fi hotspots in both Boston and New York; you can use these hotspots to communicate with a CIEE representative as well as other camp counselors arriving in the same city on the same day.
- Ground transportation from Meet & Greet to your camp the following morning will be provided by CIEE. You will most likely take a bus or train to a meeting point where your camp will pick you up.
If you are unable to attend Meet & Greet, CIEE will advise you on transportation to camp from your arrival airport.