Some advice if you are thinking about studying abroad

Enza F.

Hello everyone, I hope you're ready to start 2024... Today, I'd like to give you some advice if you're thinking of studying abroad :)

The first piece of advice I'd give you is to start looking around a year in advance. Of course, it's never too late, but the sooner the better, especially when it comes to documents, visas, passports and so on. This helps avoid stressful situations and misunderstandings. The earlier you start, the wiser and more considered your decision will be.

Reading blogs, following exchange programs and exchange students on social media can be very useful to see what the experience is like. Don't hesitate to ask them if you have any questions, if you have any concerns, I'm sure they(we)'ll be able to help.

The third piece of advice I'd give you is this: don't worry about being afraid to leave, it's perfectly normal! You'll be leaving your comfort zone for a while. This experience can be as exciting as it is sacred, and the best way to deal with it is to communicate with someone and tell them how you feel.

Next, try to improve your language skills in your home country. Wherever you go, language is one of the most important elements of the experience. Even if you have a good level, you can always improve!  Change the language of your phone, start watching TV, or videos in the language you want to learn, you can also read in that language. All this will help you acquire vocabulary that we don't always learn at school.

Another tip I'd give you is to get as much information as you can. The more you know, the less stressed you'll be about something, and the more likely you'll be to succeed.

The last and most important piece of advice is to believe in your dreams. If, deep down, you know it's the right thing to do and you're ready, put everything in place to do it, because it's better to live with remorse than with regret.

I really hope this can help you! !! If you have any questions or want me to talk to you about something specific, my insta is enza _frs

Byeeee <33