Positive mind, Positive life.

Ana Gabriela C.

On this blog post, I'm going to talk about my experience with my host family and local coordinator.

I just remember that day when I received the mail... "You have a family" honestly I was really excited as I'm now living with a host family and having this amazing experience that changed my life. My story with my host family maybe is a little bit different than other students but I'm sure as same as amazing. I started my year with my first family, formed by a single dad and a 15-year-old girl. They receive me so great at the airport and they were really nice to me always, we spend good moments and I will be always grateful with them just to open their heart and host me. But sometimes the family even if they want to receive a student and they are completely motivated to do it its not so easy to have someone else at home. That involves a radical change in the lifetime because the student has needed too, the school, the social environment, sports and activities that are part of their exchange experience too and a lot of things together can cause a disorder or an instability in the house and I think that the optimum is that everyone is well, the student and the family.

After that, I experience another family but first, I want to talk about my local coordinator, Summer was my mom since the day I came here she was always in touch with me and helping me with rides, the school, sports activities, and other things. Some days were not as good as other ones and she was always there with a big smile making me happy, We went together to dinner, to the nail salon, to her soon activities and other things, I will be always so grateful with her to make those difficult days amazing days, at that time when my first move happened I was doing cheer and it was my senior night so I asked Summer and Daniel if they want to walk with and I was so happy when they walk with me and we just have a great night all of us. I just can say that I have the best coordinators, people that really worry about the students and give us the opportunity to have a really fun an happy year, they always make a lot of activities with all of the students and are there for everything that you can need.

After another temporary family and living with my coordinators for a while, my first three months had a lot of moving, packing, changing but one day my best friend Ella asked me if I would like to live with her for the rest of my year, I just can't be more grateful to her and with her family, living with a friend and with a family that is so similar to your family in your country  but at the same time so different I just an amazing experience, and having a sister that is really your best friend and you feel that you know her for your entire life is just the best thing. I have been doing amazing things with my host family, we traveled, we went skiing, I just feel it in a home, they made me feel part of the family and I'm just so grateful for. At the end of the day, I always think that those days of moving ad moving, changing and starting again were days of personal growth and I really learn to appreciate the family. You as a student, need to be ready and prepare for everything, have a really big open mind and always be positive even when you think that everything is lost. I just want to end this post saying thanks to all that people that have been there for me this 6 months I don't have words of how much I love you guys and how all of you are such main pieces of this year. 

"Sometimes when the things didn't go how you want to, be patient, be positive because soon something better is going to arrive"