My first stop, NEW YORK CITY 🏙️

Emerence T.

On the 1st August 2023, the adventure began!

Earlier in the morning I said goodbye to my friends and family for ten months. 
Fortunately, I didn’t take the fly alone. I had with me three others exchange students from Belgium which made the departure a little less frightening ;)

After 8 hours of fly we finally landed on the Amercican soil. To be honest the fly was so so long but fortunately Enzo and me were next to each other so we talked and did some activities together like played UNO. I remembered we were so excited to discover New York. 
Directly after we’ve collected our luggage, we were welcomed by two members of CIEE with a small sign that said welcome. They were very nice and after that we had everybody (because an other exchange student from Brazil arrived this day too) we took like a small train to go to an other terminal. That was so crazy for me :D
Once at the hotel, with the jet lag, it was time to discover our room, unpacking a part of our luggage, going eat and go to bed.

The next day was more adventurous. The morning we had a small meeting to have all the good information like the sevis. Just after that we picked the lunch and jumped in the bus to go in the city, New York! 
I was so excited and I remembered to sit next a girl from Poland. At this time I didn’t know that she will become a so good friend. So with a new member in our team we went to NY. We saw a lot of place in the bus but we also went to see the 11/9 memorial and went to Time Square ! A dream come true ! To finish this wonderful day we had a cruise to see the Statue of Liberty. I think it's one of my best memory because at the first time we saw the Statue of Liberty but I also met so much people so nice. I remembered when we did a big circle and everybody was dancing on the Macarena. So much fun! Our return to the hotel was filled with laughter with my new friends group. We stayed all the evening talking about everything. 

Unfortunately after that it was time to say goodbye and start a new adventure !

Emerence <3