My first months in American high school

Mariia B.

Over the past few months, I’ve been living my dream life as an American high school student. 

It’s been exciting, even though there is definitely a challenging part to it. 

I’ve stayed in the US for 3 months at this point and now I sure do have stuff to share!  

When school started, I was on cloud 9.. It felt just like a movie: huge building, lockers, choosing the classes you want, football games, cheerleaders, and the school spirit! 

I remember worrying about the way I looked, always trying to choose my best clothes and wear nice clean makeup🤍

As I spent the first week of studying, I explored all the clubs available in my school, since I love staying busy and exploring new opportunities. I joined the student council, DECA (my favorite club so far.. I will write a whole post about it later🤫), theater, and….the JV dance team!

I’ve been a competitive dancer for almost my entire life, so I was happy to know that there was a dance team at my school. Tryouts took 3 days, and it was tough (since it wasn’t really my style), but I made the team🥹 I remember my first football game, dancing in the stance with real poms.. That’s when it finally hit me: - “I made it. I am living my American dream!!”✨

Now, I’m proud to be a part of it!! We’re currently preparing for the school Christmas show and working on 4 dance numbers. 

Overall, these 3 months have been the hardest and the most thrilling at the same time.

Homesickness is real too, and thinking that it wouldn’t come to me was a mistake.. I do miss my friends and home these days, but I know that what’s happening is for the best and I made my dream come true!

Thanks for reading, and see you in the future posts!!💌