Make Every Day Count

Frida Bossen V.

It is weird knowing I only have three months left. Before my exchange year started it seemed like ages before the time to go to the States would come, and now there’s only a few months left. The feeling I get, when I think of my departure is hard to explain; it won’t be long before I see my friends and family again, which make me very excited to think about, but it also means, that I will have to leave my host family, the friends I’ve got here and everything that follows starting a new life in another country.

I don’t have anything in particular I want to do before I leave, besides having a good time, but who wouldn’t want that? I do want to learn how to enjoy every day as it was my last, but that is easier said than done. I would definitely say I have become better at living every day with a positive mind, even though everything isn’t the brightest. Also, I would lie if I say I lived every day with gratitude, of course there is days that are harder to get through than others, but that’s what I want to learn; to stay positive even through hard times.

Let’s get a bit away from all the cheesy stuff. Even though I don’t have anything I specific want to do, I still have some plans for my last three months. In only two weeks (and a few days) Spring break will come up, where I will be going to Little Rock, Arkansas with my host family. While we’re there, we will visit some family, who has horses we will be riding! The thought of riding horses make me thrilled, since I used to ride horses in Denmark. On our trip to Arkansas we will also be climbing the Pinnacle Mountain. To make the icing on the top, it will also be my 17th birthday in the Spring Break, so there is a lot to look forward too.

Other upcoming events is Prom in April, Easter, a trip to Florida with my host family in June and a lot of Track meets. Speaking of Track, I had my first meet last week, and will have my second in two days. I love track and all the people on my team - a thing I appreciate and make my days extra good.

With not much time left, I will do my best to make everyday count.